Congratulations to the 39 Wayland Li athletes that competed in the 2017 Canadian Wushu Nationals! This year’s performance was outstanding for both our experienced competitors and students participating in their first competition.
- Erica Li selected as part of the Canadian National Team. She will be travelling to Kazan, Russia later this year for the World Wushu Championships representing Canada. Congrats Erica!
- Seniors Group: Seven athletes took home 4 gold medals, 4 silver and 3 bronze.
- Group A: One athlete won three gold medals for changquan, daoshu and gunshu.
- Group B: 8 athletes from Wayland Li took home 7 gold medals, 8 silver and 4 bronze.
- Group C: 9 athletes from Wayland Li took home 8 gold medals, 6 silver and 4 bronze.
- Open events: 21 students participated in competition for the first time, taking home 11 gold medals, 8 silver and 13 bronze.